Home The lion king Top ten African countries ranked by internet speed in 2021 – IT news Africa

Top ten African countries ranked by internet speed in 2021 – IT news Africa

0
From Redbubble and iStock.

Internet speed and connectivity tester Ookla released its analysis of the global market last month, ranking all countries in terms of the fastest mobile and fixed broadband internet speeds.

Countries are classified according to their Speed ​​score, which incorporates a measure of the total upload and download speed of each country to rank network performance (90% of the final speed score is assigned to download speed and the remaining 10% to download speed, because online experiences are generally more affected by download speed).

Ookla emphasizes median speeds, as they represent what most mobile internet customers will experience on a daily basis.

Here are the top 10 African countries ranked by fixed broadband internet speeds:

ten. Burkina Faso – World ranking: 121

  • Avg. Download speed: 25.45 Mbps
  • Avg. Download speed: 9.78 Mbps
  • Latency: 78 ms

The main ISPs in Burkina Faso are Orange Burkina Faso, Onatel Burkina Faso and Virtual Technologies & Solutions.

9. Western Sahara – World Ranking: 115

  • Avg. Download speed: 27.00 Mbps
  • Avg. Download speed: 16.63 Mbps
  • Latency: 47 ms

Western Sahara is currently a disputed territory in the far northwest of Africa. About 20% of its territory is claimed by the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic, while the remaining 80% is administered by Morocco.

The region mainly depends on Moroccan ISPs for internet access.

8. Morocco – World ranking: 113

  • Avg. Download speed: 27.52 Mbps
  • Avg. Download speed: 15.04 Mbps
  • Latency: 35 ms

The main ISPs in Morocco are Itissalat, MediTelecom and Maroc Telecom.

7. Seychelles – World ranking: 109

  • Avg. Download speed: 29.52 Mbps
  • Avg. Download speed: 28.35 Mbps
  • Latency: 19 ms

The main ISPs in Seychelles are Amarutu Technology Ltd, Asintelvision and Cable and Wireless Limited.

6. Ivory Coast – World ranking: 104

  • Avg. Download speed: 32.47 Mbps
  • Avg. Download speed: 8.77 Mbps
  • Latency: 43 ms

Also known as Côte d’Ivoire, the main ISPs in the Republic of Côte d’Ivoire are MTN Côte d’Ivoire, Orange Côte d’Ivoire, and GVA.

5. Senegal – World ranking: 103

  • Avg. Download speed: 34.65 Mbps
  • Avg. Download speed: 10.32 Mbps
  • Latency: 43 ms

The main ISPs in the Republic of Senegal are Arc and Orange Senegal.

4. Egypt – World Ranking: 92

  • Avg. Download speed: 41.45 Mbps
  • Avg. Download speed: 7.90 Mbps
  • Latency: 29 ms

The main Egyptian ISPs are Telecom Egypt, Etisalat and Mobinil.

3. Madagascar – World ranking: 88

  • Avg. Download speed: 44.65 Mbps
  • Avg. Download speed: 48.52 Mbps
  • Latency: 21 ms

The main ISPs in the Republic of Madagascar are Blueline, DTS, Netclub and Orange Madagascar.

2. South Africa – World ranking: 82

  • Avg. Download speed: 50.45 Mbps
  • Avg. Download speed: 37.35 Mbps
  • Latency: 21 ms

The main ISPs in the Republic of South Africa are MTN, Telkom, Vodacom and Cell C.

1. Ghana – World ranking: 78

  • Avg. Download speed: 52.52 Mbps
  • Avg. Download speed: 35.64 Mbps
  • Latency: 35 ms

The main ISPs in the Republic of Ghana are Vodafone Ghana, Airtel Ghana and SCANCOM Ghana.


By Luis Monzon
To follow Luis Monzon on Twitter
To follow Africa IT News on Twitter



Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here