New Delhi: Is your Internet Service Provider (ISP) delivering the data speed you were promised? Does your internet fluctuate from time to time? If you answered yes to both questions, there’s only one way to find out: check your internet speed. A quick and easy way to check your internet speed is simply on the Google homepage. Even though there are several websites and apps to check your internet speed, one of the easiest ways is to simply check on the Google homepage. Google has partnered with Measurement Lab (M-Lab) to run the internet connection speed test in five easy steps.Read also – Google Doodle celebrates the 200th anniversary of the birth of French painter Rosa Bonheur
5-Step Guide to Check Internet Speed from Google Homepage
- Step 1: First type Google.com on any internet browser on your computer, smartphone or tablet
- 2nd step: Type “Run speed test” in the search bar
- Step 3: A new dialog box will appear and you will see this option ‘Internet Speed Test’. “Check your internet speed in less than 30 seconds. The speed test typically transfers less than 40MB of data, but can transfer more data over fast connections,” reads a message in the dialog.
- Step 4: Select the “Run speed test” button in the box
- Step 5: A new window will open where you will get all the details about your internet speed. If you want to test the internet speed again, select the “test again” button.
Meanwhile, internet speeds in India continue to show an upward trend, taking the country to 70th (+3) and 122nd (+6) position in the global internet speed rankings based on internet speeds. fixed and mobile broadband downloads in June last year, respectively. said U.S.-based broadband speed tester Ookla. India also performed well in terms of fixed broadband internet speeds with an average download speed of 58.17 Mbps in June last year, compared to 55.65 Mbps in May. For fixed broadband internet speeds, after seeing a slight drop in May, overall fixed download speeds in June are the highest for India on the global index, according to the report. Step 5: A new window will appear which will show you the results of your internet speed.